6 to 9 September 2023 - Registrations open 30 January 2023!

UTMR Statement on the Coronavirus outbreak

COVID-19 situation

With the ongoing COVID-19 situation, we realise that runners and volunteers may have concerns about the upcoming UTMR races in September given the cancellation of many sporting events throughout Europe.  

We wish to reassure you that we have no plans to cancel or reschedule the UTMR races at the present time. 

We are monitoring and following the guidelines issued by the Swiss and Italian authorities for the districts of the race and the wider region in general. Currently there are a range of preventative actions in place in the region and we trust that they will be effective in time and removed in due course. We hope that there will be no restrictions on events or travel by September.

As race organisers, your safety and health is our primary concern. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward seeing you in September!

The situation as of 08.03.2020

  • Italy is in “lockdown” until at least 3 April which includes a strict ban on public gatherings.
  • Most countries have a travel warning in place to Italy.
  • Switzerland has banned events that gather more than 1,000 people together in one place until at least 15 March. Public or private events attracting fewer than 1,000 people are also subject to approval by the cantonal authorities. There are currently no travel restrictions for entry into Switzerland, according to the Federal Office of Public Health.
  • See this link for official updates from the Federal Office of Public Health (Switzerland).
  • See this link for official updates from the Gazzetta Ufficiale (Italy).
  • We advise you to check the terms and conditions of your travel insurance.

Runner cancellation

Event cancellation

The 2020 Ultra Tour Monte Rosa races are scheduled from 2-5 September 2020 and will take place as planned unless we notify participants by email to the contrary.

We are bound by the regulations of Switzerland and Italy for the region of the race. Participants may also be subject to travel restrictions of their own country of residence as well as those imposed by Switzerland and Italy.

In case the situation regarding the outbreak of coronavirus in Europe has not improved by July we will take advice in consultation with the local municipalities whether to cancel the events or to introduce precautionary measures, subject to any national or local regulations in place. A decision will be made by 31 July and communicated to all registered runners by email and SMS in case of cancellation.

In case of a positive decision by 31 July it is possible that a later change in national or local regulations could still force a cancellation. The following rules apply.

  • In case of cancellation by the race organisation more than 15 days before the event participants will be offered a partial refund of the registration fee. The amount of this refund will be fixed so as to allow the organisation to cover all irredeemable expenses committed, up to the date of the cancellation.
  • In case of a cancellation decided less than 15 days before the event, or in case of interruption of the event, for whatever reason, no refund of the registration fee will be made.